Please forgive me for not writing an individual letter to each and every one of you. As you know, losing someone so full of life such as Robert is not only sad, but it takes away so much of your energy, since you feel so powerless to do anything.
However, my personal consolation is in the ancient tradition of doing something charitable, a constructive good deed in the name of the deceased. In Robert's name, I have already started a group of trees in the international AIDS Memorial Forest in Israel. This forest is to honor the lives of people from all nationalities and faiths; it is a non-political, living permanent tribute to all the people who have died from this terrible disease - and as far as I know, the only one of its kind on Earth. With each tree you plant, you do so many good things: honor Robert's life with a living thing, help the environment, enlarge the international AIDS Forest, and send emotional comfort to his family as well.
My goal is to plant at least 52 trees in Robert's memory; one tree for each year of his too-short lifetime. Of course, if we surpass that and go on to plant 104 trees, all the better. :-) I have recently found out that, right now, because of the upcoming holiday of Tu B'Shevat, the ancient ecological festival that celebrates the plants and trees, your contribution will count for even more - if you donate 2 trees, a third one will be planted for free; if you donate 4 trees, a fifth one will be added for free. Each tree is only $18, the number that represents Life itself.
To plant your tree(s) for Robert, just follow these simple steps:
1. Click on this Aids Memorial Forest donations (which is a page from the website at www.jnf.org.
2. Then, just follow the easy directions to plant as many trees as you wish.
3. Please make sure to have the beautiful certificate with Robert's name sent to his family at: Mr. and Mrs. Frank and Eleanor Sisco
26 Park Ridge Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10805
4. Please forward this email to anyone else who knew Robert. As you can see, I don't have the email addresses for most of his friends.
5. Please send me an email at email@example.com so that I can keep track of how many trees we have planted, and so that I can have a complete email list to keep everyone up-to-date on how the project is going. Let's keep Robert's memory alive, not only in our fond memories, but also in good deeds. :-)
Thanks again -